The team will continue its analysis looking into market assessment and strategic marketing plans accompanied by the analysis of the avoided costs of producing biochar from forest residuals. The evaluation of social impacts will continue with stakeholder workshops to better understand perceptions and to help guide technology development.
Organizations completing task
- University of Washington
- Market assessment and marketing recommendations
- Conduct workshop with stakeholders regarding use of forest residuals for biochar
- Publish results of stakeholder analysis and strategic market analysis in peer reviewed publication
- Present results in scientific conference/workshop
- Sasatani, D., I. Eastin, C.T. Bowers, and I. Ganguly. 2018. Public Acceptance of Pre-Commercial Thinning and Energy and Soil Amendment Products from Post-Harvest Residues in Western Forests of the U.S. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. ASABE special collection publication. 34(1): 99-108.