Pellet Fuels Institute will operate a briquetting unit at a site in Oregon during Year 1 to create sample outputs. During this period, Pellet Fuels Institute will work closely with Schatz Energy Research Center to characterize the electricity and heat/fuel drying requirements of a briquetting unit. During Year 2, Pellet Fuels Institute will set up a briquetting unit for operation at a field site and/or will implement similar alternative densification strategies aimed at improving the economics of forest biomass utilization. Pellet Fuels Institute will provide input to Sustainability Analysis team members to support the economic analysis, market analysis and life cycle assessment tasks.
Organizations completing task
- Schatz Energy Research Center, HSU
- Pellet Fuels Institute
- RUF Briquetting Systems
- Operation of a briquetting unit at a field site
- Analysis results from briquetting samples
- Summary of energy requirements for briquetting unit
- Severy, M., Carter, D., C. Chamberlin, and A. Jacobson. 2016. Briquetter testing and results: Testing in a commercial setting.