Various opportunities associated with the centralized biomass feedstock operation will be explored with an emphasis to attain a balanced system configuration that can be integrated with biomass conversion technologies. This task will also examine pre-hauling forest residues from harvest sites to centralized processing areas using modified dump trucks or hook-lift trucks.
Organizations completing task
- Forest Operations Research Laboratory, HSU
- College of Forestry, Oregon State University
- Peterson Pacific Corporation, Steve Morris Logging LLC, and Green Diamond Resource Company
- Analysis of centralized biomass feedstock operation systems
- Research article published in a peer reviewed journal, suggesting methods and strategies for forest residue recovery operations linked to biomass conversion technologies
- Presentation at professional workshops and conferences