Norris Thermal Technologies will upgrade their one-ton-per-day torrefaction unit to be suitable for field operation. This will include modifications to maintain operability and durability during unit transport and to provide protection from the elements during outdoor operation. Norris Thermal Technologies will work closely with Schatz Energy Research Center to collect operating data that can be used to evaluate opportunities for field operation.
Organizations completing task
- Schatz Energy Research Center, HSU
- Norris Thermal Technologies
- Upgraded Norris Thermal Technologies torrefaction unit suitable for field operation
- Documentation of field modifications
- Performance data summary
- Partridge, A. 2016. Product characteristics in a pilot scale biomass torrefier with heated screw conveyance (Senior Honors Thesis). Retrieved from http://scholarworks.smith.edu/theses/1653/
- Charles, C., D. Carter, and A. Jacobson. (forthcoming). Measuring residence time distributions of wood chips in a screw conveyor reactor.
- Casini, I. 2017. Estimating Product Composition and Thermal Dynamics in a Continuous Feed Biomass Torrefier (Senior Honors Thesis). Retrieved from http://scholarworks.smith.edu/theses/1813/