Biochar Solutions will work with Schatz Energy Research Center to collect operational performance data that can be used to evaluate opportunities for standalone energy operation. Biochar Solutions will set up the biochar unit for operation and evaluation at a site in northern California. The unit will be tested with multiple feedstocks. Biochar Solutions will provide input to Sustainability Analysis team members to support the economic analysis, market analysis and life cycle assessment tasks.
Organizations completing task
- Schatz Energy Research Center, HSU
- Biochar Solutions Inc.
- Analysis of field ready biochar unit performance
- Performance data summary for multiple feedstocks
- Severy, M., D. Carter, C. Chamberlin, and A. Jacobson. 2016. Biochar Testing Results Report. Retrieved from http://wastetowisdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Biochar-Testing-Results.pdf
- Eggink, A., K. Palmer, M. Severy, D. Carter, and A. Jacobson. 2018. Utilization of wet forest biomass as both the feedstock and electricity source for an integrated biochar production system. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. ASABE special collection publication. 34(1): 125-134.