This task will develop the incorporation of new screening technologies with in-field chipping and grinding operations. It will focus on the effects of incorporating these innovations into biomass operations with the intention of improving product quality and meeting biomass conversion technology particle size requirements.
Organizations completing task
- Forest Operations Research Laboratory, HSU
- Forest Concepts Inc.
- Peterson Pacific Corporation, Steve Morris Logging LLC, and Green Diamond Resource Company
- New screening technology analysis
- Research article published in a peer reviewed journal, summarizing the information on new screening technologies to produce quality feedstocks from forest residues
- Presentation at professional workshops and conferences
- Woo, H. and H.-S. Han. 2018. Performance of screening biomass feedstocks using star and deck screen machines. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. ASABE special collection publication. 34(1): 35-42.
- Lee, E., J. Bisson and H.-S. Han. 2017. Evaluating the production cost and quality of feedstock produced by a sawdust machine. Biomass & Bioenergy. doi: 10.1016/j.biombioe.2017.06.010.