Field-based experimental studies will be applied to develop strategies and methods of sorting and arranging forest residues resulting from timber harvest and fuel reduction thinning operations. The goal is to develop a feedstock supply that
- minimizes contamination;
- facilitates comminution;
- improves moisture content control; and
- improves handling and transportation efficiency.
Organizations completing task
- Forest Operations Research Laboratory, HSU
- Forest Concepts Inc.
- Peterson Pacific Corporation, Steve Morris Logging LLC, and Green Diamond Resource Company
- Develop a strategy and methods for sorting and arranging forest residues
- Research article published in a peer reviewed journal
- Presentation at professional workshops and conferences