Norris Thermal Technologies (NTT) will set up their ¼ ton per day torrefaction unit at a field site in northern California and will test it using multiple feedstocks. NTT will work to scale-up their unit to approximately 15 tons per day of torrefied product. In addition, NTT will test the larger unit at a forest operations site. Finally, Norris Thermal Technologies will provide input to Sustainability Analysis team members to support the economic analysis, market analysis and life cycle assessment tasks.
Organizations completing task
- Schatz Energy Research Center, HSU
- Norris Thermal Technologies
- Analysis of the Norris Thermal Technologies torrefaction field unit
- Performance data summary for ¼ ton per day unit using multiple feedstocks
- Performance data summary for 15 ton per day unit